February 22, 2013

Chocolate Ginger Bundt Cake

I have recently discovered the lovely bundt tin which my mom gave me and baking a cake in that is so wonderful! The slices are so beautiful, perfect for a person to munch on. I felt like a chocolate cake and generally I do NOT like ginger, but when I saw the combination of ginger and chocolate, I thought why not give it a try.

And before you ask why not complete cake picture... it was cut even before I could get the camera !

Chocolate cinnamon cake with rum drizzle

Chocolate cinnamon cake with rum drizzle
Inspired from Martha Stewart

Ingredients

Flour - 1 cup
Light brown sugar - 3/4 cup
Condensed milk - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/3 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
Freshly peeled and grated ginger - 2 tsp
Baking Soda - 3/4 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Ground cinnamon - 1 1/2 tsp

Method

1. Preheat oven to 170 C. Grease a bundt pan and dust with cocoa powder.
2. Put butter, sugar and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan and heat, stirring, to get a viscous mixture.
3. Transfer into a bowl and let it cool for 5 mins. Now add condensed milk, grated ginger and milk to this viscous mixture and mix well.
4. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and ground cinnamon.
5. Fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture and pour into the prepared pan. Do not over mix.
6. Bake the cake for 20-25 mins and check whether it is done. In case the tester comes out not clean, you can proceed for another 5 mins.

3 comments:

  1. Chocolate cinnamon cake with rum drizzle this is so yummy to see, I will try to prepare it, keep posting more and more items, you are like guide for us.

    Thank you......
    Reshma M,
    Online Bus Ticket Booking booking online is just a click Away!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear your thoughts ...