June 18, 2014

Hootsuite or Buffer?

Recently I had asked my social networks whether anyone had anything specific to say about Hootsuite and Buffer for social media management, and I wanted some user reviews based on corporate profile management. Most of the inputs were in favour of using Hootsuite, but having started off with buffer, I thought I needed to find out if Buffer would work too. Also, added to the fact, I was falling in love with Buffer's clean and simple approach without the entire tutorial need as I saw when I signed up for a Hootsuite trial, this was more an attempt to stick to something which was more pleasing to the eye.

No doubt buffer is certainly more pleasing to the eye, but Hootsuite seems to offer more.
Buffer

  • Clean, simple, intuitive
  • Adding content from feeds and adding feeds in themselves are a breeze
  • Scheduling posts and fixing time and days 
  • Quick analytics on retweets/favourites and most importantly, the reach of each post, essentially things which really matter. For better analytics, they have a business subscription
  • Allows 10 social profiles, 1 team member and 15 feeds for the Awesome plan ( approx. $10/month)

    Hootsuite
    • Looks very similar to tweetdeck and hence for those who have used it, would find it simple
    • Its easy to pull content from one social platform to another, and makes it simpler to discover content
    • The auto scheduler does an auto scheduling based on your message cap and with the days and time period which you would like. Very similar to buffer
    • Exact times can not be auto-scheduled
    • Hootsuite Syndicator works well for adding posts from feeds, but the overall interface is cluttered.
    • The reporting section looks more swanky with more things to show your boss
    • Allows 50 social profiles, unlimited feeds, 1 team member and 1 report/month ( approx. $10/month)

    And when I am looking to manage about 6-8 social profiles, and the chances of it increasing is very high, then I do not see how Buffer will work, even though it seems so much more easier. Maybe it is simpler for a person to use for their personal social media management, but I doubt it will work for a corporate profile.

    Do any of you have any thoughts?

    Images are linked to their original sources

      2 comments:

      1. I'm so illiterate when it comes to the social media tools, though y tempting me to check Buffer. What it's all bout?

        ReplyDelete
      2. I will second Vishal's question .. I have not even heard of them .. today FIRST time heard on this post ..

        Bikram

        ReplyDelete

      Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear your thoughts ...