May 5, 2016

Two for Travel

Now its always about the way we did things when T was small as compared to when V is small. I think our first trip with T was when she was over 6 months, and a short drive to Coorg had us all tired out.

But this time around, we started of with our travel when she was 4 months old. We went off to Delhi and then onto Jodhpur and Jaisalmer to bring in the new year. This was not her first flight experience though, as when I returned from Trivandrum, that flight was her first time on an aircraft. So, this time around we did a train journey to Jodhpur and then from there to Jaisalmer by bus too. I think we have covered pretty much all modes of transport now. One of the things we are looking to do is a cruise, maybe in another year when V will be a little bigger... that is on the cards.

Jaisalmer, Rajasthan

Back from Delhi, we were next off to Goa with a group of friends, just to meet up and relax. And the sea and the waves did her good after the cold chill of Delhi and Rajasthan. But I think being about 5 months meant she was more mobile and wanted to be on the floor. That was not a possibility with the place we were staying at, and Goa being Goa, there was always sand everywhere!

Morjim Beach


Next we were off to Singapore, visiting friends and family. Both the girls had so much fun and I think I relaxed so much that 1 week. Somewhere it was meant to be a detox trip, where rules don't matter and norms need not be adhered to. One of the things about Singapore is the ease of doing stuff, and even a plan to go across town works out without too many glitches. We had a super relaxed week with a movie, breakfast and lots of other stuff thrown in.

Clark Quay


I have never been to Chikmagalur in spite of being in Karnataka for over 9 years now. So, this Ugadi, had to drive across and see what this region was all about.

And what did I learn?

There is so much natural beauty here and so much to see, but with a small kid in tow, there is nothing much you can do other than drive about in a car.

So we did what was the next best thing possible. We decided to visit Belur and Halibedu. The temples were great, good to see and lots to read up before heading to the temple. I am not a big fan of guides.. I prefer either reading up stuff or else having a audio tour which will let me go at my pace.

Belur Chennakesava Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear your thoughts ...